I love words! Especially really interesting and unique ones. So for my very first "7 Things for 7 Days", I thought under-used words would be a great place to start! Here are a few fun, interesting, and under-used words to start your week off right!
1. PERSIFLAGE - Frivolous or bantering talk~ You know, like most reality shows and talk shows
2. MIASMA - A vaporous, noxious atmosphere~ Such a pretty word for such a nasty concept!
3. POPINJAY - A strutting or conceited person~ We all know a few of these!
4. APRICITY - The warmth of the sun during the winter~ We could use a little of this in mid-January.
5. SMICKER - To look or smile amorously at a person~ I may have to work this one into one of my books!
6. BIFFY - A toilet or outhouse~ Imagine excusing yourself from the dinner table with, "Excuse me while I visit the biffy."
7. UVULA - That thing that hangs down in the back of your throat~ All I can think of is that Andy Griffith Show episode and Barney saying "You got a uvula.
They got uvula. I got a uvula. All God's children got a uvula!"
Thanks for letting me expand your vocabulary today. You are now challenged to use these 7 words during the next 7 days, when you'll hopefully come back for 7 new fun things to start your week!
Happy reading & writing!