Scott Eagan, Literary Agent
Greyhaus Literary Agency
Scott draws on his extensive background in education, writing and literature to assist the writers at Greyhaus. He has a BA in English/Literature, a MA in Creative Writing and a MA in Literacy.
Scott is also a writer (done mostly as a hobby) and is an active member of Romance Writers of America.
Outside of his work at the agency, he continues teaching writing on a part-time basis, works as a stay-at-home dad and continues to be active in community work including the University of Puget Sound Alumni Program.Scott is also a USA Swimming Official so you can frequently find him on the deck of a pool. If not there, you can frequently find him flexing his theater muscles in local community theater productions. If you are ever in the area, be sure to visit a show.
"Marketing Your Story to Editors and Agents"
During the session, participants will:
* Determine if they are ready to submit.
* Determine their own niche in the writing world.
* Learn how to find the best agent and editor for their work.
* Learn to write an effective query letter.
* Learn to write an effective synopsis.
* For those daring enough, bring a copy of your query letter to be read out-loud for an on-the-spot critique by Scott.
Pitch Sessions-Mr. Eagan will be taking pitch appointments, which will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis the day of the workshop.